Sunday, June 29, 2008

better late than never!

Well folks, it looks like time is getting away from me lately!

My garden is finally starting to grow. It was so cold here in May and early June that the garden was sort of catatonic and not really interested in growing. Now, we've had about 2 weeks of really nice weather. A few days were 'hot' but most were just pleasantly warm. Luckily, it was enough to spur some growth! yay! I have blossoms on my pumpkins and it looks like 2 of my tomato plants are goin to be spitting forth blossoms soon. My strawberries, however, look like they need some emergency help. I'm trusting in God to do so! haha.

What else is new in my life? Well, I visited a friend of mine, Fr. DeWayne Kayser in Britton. He showed me his new patio he made in his backyard with scrap granite. It looks awesome. I'm hoping to do the same in my yard soon. Its free granite from a local granite company that has a 'reject' pile. Its going to be a challenge to get enough granite home, due to its weight, but it will sure be a fun challenge! This is going to replace my ideas for a deck addition. I think it will be a nice space and will add character to the yard. Now the question is, do i do this in the front yard or the back yard? My front yard has more privacy, but my backyard is the typical space for a patio and its a space that is under-used. Time will tell what I do with this space.

My garden shed is yet to be built. I haven't necessarily had the time, nor the supplies or "Mazaska," which is Dakota language for money. I have some scrap lumber lined up and hopefully that will do wonders for me. I figure I just need to pick a place for the shed and get some railroad ties for base and get started. I have a perfect spot in my mind, but there is one problem... there is an apple tree there! haha. What does a person do?? chop down the apple tree? pick a different location? hmm.. another question to ponder.

I started my Masters during June. I am taking 2 classes, SPED 703 and EDER 761. the SPED class is done July 2nd and the EDER class is done August 1st. Good stuff. Luckily for me, the school is paying for me to get my Master's right now and its great. I really do appreciate their willingness and the efforts put forth by the school. They have been a great community to work with and have given me great opportunities for personal and professional growth.

Well, thats about enough to bother you with for now. I'm off to play organ for a 10 year ordination celebration for Fr. DeWayne Kayser. I wish him many more years as a faithful priest of God! AD MAJOREM DEI GLORIAM!

No comments: