Saturday, December 1, 2007

OH the weather outside is frightful....

.... but the GE electric heat panels are so delightful......
OK so that didn't quite go the way its supposed to... BUT it is snowing here finally, and I think it will stay! This does mean that my nice shortcut to school is now to be avoided (due to deep snow on non-highway roads) but it does mean that the days of cancelled school are coming soon!

Today is/was our staff christmas party at school. Its 3:00-6:00 in Watertown. Watertown is about an hour and a half drive for me on clear roads and clear weather. Today, i could make it a 2-3 hour trip. I'm not about to risk that and risk getting stormed in! It is snowing again here, and we are expected to get upwards of 8 inches. This is okay. It is time for snow to be here. Advent starts tomorrow, and without snow, it wouldn't seem right.

I am currently listening to a talk by Fr. Andrew Dickinson, Parochial Vicar of St. Mary's Church in Aberdeen, SD and chaplain to the Aquinas Newman Center, also in Aberdeen. He is talking about salvation and I loved the analogy he used. He said that Catholics don't simply paint over sins and call it good, God calls us to grind it down, sometimes remove bad parts, and replace it all with good solid metal. This is a man's analogy of sin and forgiveness! I love it! Makes me think of my window on my jeep that currently doesnt' work.... its like sin... it needs something replaced in order to make it whole again. Sin is this to us- it is something that pulls us away from God and when we replace the broken, then we are whole again!

Anyways, back off the serious and on to the wonderful! i can smell my chili cooking (I'm told I make wonderful chili!) and I am listening to this talk. Dishes and laundry are calling, and thats wonderful! i'm going to continue to listen to these talks and keep on working. I may even get a moment to hook up my radio equipment and get another talk going for Windy Hill Radio!

Until next time: I'm praying for yah. We're all in this together!


And since we've no place to go, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

No comments: