Sunday, November 25, 2007

"If this Jesus is anything like you, I want to meet Him!"

I have been listening to a homily by Fr. Larry Richards of the Diocese of Erie, PA.

He was talking in this particular homily about a Christian in the concentration camps of WWII. This christian was caring for another cell mate that wasn't Christian. One day, the non-christian was beaten and thrown back into the cell and it was obvious that he wasn't going to make it through the night. The Christian noticed this and talked to the other prisoner about Heaven. The non-christian prisoner said to the christian, "If this Jesus is anything like you, I want to meet Him!"

I have decided to ask myself, "If Jesus Christ were anything like me, would people want to meet Him?"

I need to live my life more for Christ. People may be looking for Him in me.

May He increase and I decrease. Amen, so be it.

No comments: