Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Major decisions!

Hello.

I have major decisions in my future. Northern State University has offered me a job in their center for Statewide E-Learning. My school has offered me my contract back as well. I have to decide which job is the one that God wants me to have. I have decided to make a pro/cons list to share with you and see which you decide is worth it:

Northern State University:

PRO:
University Job.
Stable employment
Chances to share faith and such
daily mass/adoration opportunities
My girlfriend lives here
Chance to 'get out on my own' away from my family
I won't have be at this job forever.
more people to spend time with.
Master's classes are right next door to my office.
As is the ability to get other teaching accreditations
Groceries are cheaper, more choices for food, more often.
drive only a few blocks to work, thus saving gas
could go back to my old doctor that recently moved to aberdeen.

CON:
My family isn't there.
Its not teaching.
I'd have to move.
Its virtually the same pay that i'm making now
loans won't be forgiven while working there, thus more of my pay is going to go towards loan payments.
further away from Latin Masses

STAYING IN EDEN:

PRO:
Costs less to live here.
House is already ready for me to buy, no need to find a place.
Small town living at its finest.
Ranch is here.
I will be working with kids full-time.
I can get a Master's for virtually free
I have some student loans getting paid off while teaching up here.
I really enjoy my job!
closer to Latin Masses and the Interstate

CONS:
My girlfriend isn't here.
Not many people to visit with here.
Very little faith sharing/support
No daily Mass on a regular basis here.
gets lonely
Dont' get to TLM's anyways because no one to go with.
drive 30 miles to work a day already, thus wasting gas and $$.
still looking for a new primary care doctor.

So there. there are a lot of decisions to make and choices to decide upon. I'm going to offer them up to God and let it be done according to his will.

Amen, so be it.

No comments: