Thursday, January 24, 2008

COLD!

Once again, we are below zero. They say it is supposed to warm up soon, but I'm not completely sold on that thought! I do want it to warm up, but i'm just not sure when they say its gong to warm up that it really is going to.

On my way to school today, my jeep's thermometer said -15. BRR! Thats cold! Plus, there was a major wind chill, that put us around -30! BRR!! (have i said that enough?)

I saw a local rancher has his cattle out in the pasture this time of year. Those poor animals without any wind break! I'm not usually one to say 'oh poor animals' because I know they are way tougher than us humans would ever think of being, but seeing these cows... I said brr!

Well, I had some a free spots to day at school and we are short subs, so i cancelled some of my speech therapy and filled in where I could, how i could. It was a good day. NOw, i'm jsut doing a couple more speech kids and then I work with my Destnation Imagination kids after school and I'm off for home around 5pm! This is good, because I have a lot of cleaning to do at my house and some packing to do for this weekend. I am taking a group of kids to a DI meet on Saturday. We're leaving school at the wonderful hour of 6:30AM! aren't we nuts?? haha. We have a 2.5 hour drive ahead of us and need to be at our location around 9:00am. I think we'll make it!

Well, I should go for now. The kid I'm working with is almost done with her computer game. No, I didn't just randomly pick one, I have some speech-related games that have the kids work on goals. Its a good thing to have. They like the computer more than me and it keeps their interest much more than I ever could!

No comments: